The application for the 2020 GYEC Preliminary Round is from March 1st – June 14th. The Preliminary Round registration fee is $100/person.
*The Preliminary Round registration fee includes COMPETITION ORIENTATION and related materials.
Participants need to:
- Fill out the application form
- Answer 2021 GYEC competition essay (An entrepreneurial mindset is a set of skills that enable people to identify and make the most of opportunities, overcome and learn from setbacks, and succeed in a variety of settings. The entrepreneurial mindset is unique in that one must be creative, communicative, and highly motivated to succeed, yet open to risk and failure. What do you think an entrepreneurial mindset may help you in school and life? Please write an essay no more than 300 words.)
- Upload a 1-minute self-introduction video (introducing yourself and describing the problem you are going to solve for the competition)
When teams pass the Preliminary Round, all teams will be eligible to register for Final Round. The registration for the Final Round is from July 1st – July 15th. The Final Round registration fee is $200/person.
*The Final registration fee includes FIVE GYE workshops and 1 on 1 mentorship services.
Participants who enter the Final Round can apply for the University of California, Santa Babara (UCSB) Entrepreneurship program without submitting standardized tests (such as/ACT, TOEFL, IELTS, etc.). The program fee is $2000/person. After complete the program, participants can achieve TWO transferrable college credits, an official transcript from UCSB, and recommendation letters from UCSB professors.
*The program includes 15-hours live classes, including quizzes and assignments.
We accept Team Registration and Individual Registration.
For Team Registration, every member in your team needs to fill out the Registration Form and make sure that the team name is CORRECT!
For Individual Registration, we will help you form a competition team according to your interests and 17 SDGs choices. The team information will be informed through email.
Register for Preliminary Round
OPEN from March 1st – June 14th | Registration Fee: $100/participant
Global Western Division
For 9th-12th and pre-college students from U.S., Canada, England, etc.
Global Eastern Division
For 9th-12th and pre-college students from China, Japan, Korea, etc.
Are You Eligible?
GYE fee waivers are available to low-income 9th and 12th-grade students in the U.S. or U.S. territories. U.S. citizens living outside the country may be able to have competition fees waived.
You’re eligible for fee waivers if you say “yes” to any of the following:
- You’re enrolled in or eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
- Your annual family income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines (https://www.fns.usda.gov/cn/income-eligibility-guidelines) set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service.
- You’re enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (e.g., Federal TRIO programs such as Upward Bound).
- Your family receives public assistance.
- You live in federally subsidized public housing or a foster home or are homeless.